My Hidden Hoard

  You are probably wondering what exactly I'm hoarding here...lol.  It's not sheep...although I am constantly on the lookout for vintage orphaned nativity sheep.  I bought this prim little cubbie years ago, I believe from Goodwill, it has been moved around from room to room over the years and this is where it sits currently...in my hallway.
  Each of the little drawers holds different treasures....while going through them I found: a tiny eyeglass repair kit, dice, thumbtacks, a pop up turkey timer, needle and thread, batteries, bobby pins, various lone earrings, replacement led for a mechanical pencil, one of the pets old and worn rabies tag as well as various other things.
  What is MOST unusual is something that has an entire drawer dedicated to the collection....here it is folks...my hoard:
Bread tabs....93 of them to be exact.  Why? I really don't know...it just got to be a habit of mine to toss one or two in the drawer because I hated it when the tabs went missing and you still needed one to keep the bread fresh.  So, that's it, that's my hoard...if you need any bread tabs let me know. I think I can spare a few. :)

8 comments:

Simply Shelley said...

Made me smile....I was saving a few myself,because they are work great as markers when you are crocheting...which I do alot! I happen to be fond of little sheep too dear friend, I like yours....blessings

twobarkingdogs said...

We all have "hidden hoards" somewhere ...

Hope you are doing well and have a great new year!

Anonymous said...

Tabs are great for labeling your cables too. You can write on them with a sharpie. Cables for Computer, Router, Power, Printer, etc...

Kimmie said...

Hmm, the hidden crafter in me thinks, "What can she do with those 93 bread tabs that is crafty?" Haven't come up with anything, but bet you could do something- guess it is a challenge to look beyond the obvious, past their original purpose.

Kimmie
mama to 8
one homemade and 7 adopted

Attic Clutter said...

Hi Robin
this is a darling setting..prim and cute(:)
hugs,patty

Valerie Berdeski said...

BittersweetPunkin
OMGosh... I though it was only me who collected those bread clips... You and I may be related somewhere back in history... lol...
I found this post accidentally and it has made a nice finish to this wonderful day...
Love... Valerie

BittersweetPunkin said...

LOL..I just found out about a woman who collects and recycles bread tabs so people who need wheelchairs will be able to have them!

Amazing...I think I may end up donating my hoard.
https://www.facebook.com/breadtagsforwheelchairs

Kimmie said...

vintage orphaned sheep...boy that really grabbed my heart, lol. I think God really speaks to me when I hear the word "Orphan."

Kimmie
mama to 8
one homemade and 7 adopted