It is what It is

When I walked into my bedroom this is the first thing that I saw....
..you're probably asking yourself what that is.  That is the flat sheet hanging down over the bed skirt on my side of the bed.  If you look really closely you will see...
that it's a hole in the shape of a heart that a certain someone...when left unattended....has left for me.
Now I don't know if it's token of love or an act of defiance.....we've gone over this before many many times and I really thought we were clear on this....but I guess being really cute and only 9 months old allows you a leave of your senses to get away with such nonsense.  The chewing of the bedding and shoes is something we have revisited many times and obviously warranted another discussion.
I did all the talking....and he pretended to listen....all the while avoiding eye contact.
The problem is...he always returns to the scene of the crime to examine his handiwork....and this time I must admit I was very touched about the torn sheet resembling a heart...but it is what it is.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I ended up buying baby gates since my daughter brings her dogs and I don't want them on my furniture or new carpet....bad dog...lol Dianntha

Vee said...

Oh no! He looks remorseful...sort of. Hope that you can find a way to get him to stop. This could get expensive.

Tanya Ross said...

He is cute, and I am impressed with the heart. But you are right, what do ya do?

Laura said...

I'm glad there is some sweetness in the destruction. My daughter was left in charge of her boyfriend's dog while he's gone to Marine basic training and while she wasn't watching he chewed a corner off the seat cusion of my leather love seat. I'm not finding much in the way of sweet messages to soften the blow of hearing of this. I'm out of town and have only seen a picture, not the actual crime scene. Oh well, it's just stuff!
Laura

Laura said...

Correction. Cushion, not cusion.
Laura

Straightcreekprimitives-Sharon N Sammons said...

At least it was a love message. I have had some of the same messages in the past. I know, it does get better with time and the talks that you give them. Have a wonderful day.