For the love of Pinterest

  I found this recipe idea on Pinterest....one bag of frozen chicken breasts, one can of crushed pineapple and one bottle of either Hawaiian style barbecue sauce or marinade....add these 3 ingredients to your crock pot and cook for about 5 hours.  I made this tonight for dinner and it was VERY good and VERY moist. I like recipes that don't have eleventy-million ingredients because sometimes I don't have all the time in the world to prep and cook dinner...especially in the hot summer months.

  I also made these donuts some time ago.....
...technically, these would qualify as a forbidden food item but this recipe looked so easy I had to try it.  You cut out the center of the uncooked biscuits and then fry in oil until done.  I had a really hard time with this because I never fry ANYTHING...so I had quite a few donuts that were done on the outside but still raw on the inside.  The ones that were cooked through were very good but only when they were still warm...once they cooled I found them not to be palatable at all.  Oh well.

I also made these little cuties on Easter
I'd like to add that this is NOT my photo, but the inspiration photo from Pinterest.  Mine came out kinda similar but most of them looked severely deformed and really not worth the effort so I doubt I'll be doing this again.

I also made Fried Pickles...that are baked and NOT fried
..these were very good...so good that I had them as a main course one night.....yummo!

...and what a great idea for a NO BAKE cookie that all you have to do is assemble?
Acorn cookies made from Hershey kisses, Nilla wafers and a peanut butter chip.  Adorable!

On the upside, I pinned a LOT of whole wheat recipes that I have yet to try.

I found this clever idea for gift bags/wrap and I found the bags for purchase on Etsy...LOVE them :)
...my son used one to wrap a Clint Eastwood Western DVD to give to his Dad for Father's Day.

Soon, I will be making this lovely...
..it's just one of those black rubber floor mats spray painted and hung on the wall....LOVE it!

This also....a bench made from an old dresser....
LOVE the color...very shabby cottage-ish :)

One clever soul made a lamp out of a vintage cake tin...


...and if you want to go GREEN and save  a tree, I LOVED this idea of using a stack of books as inspiration for a Christmas tree....
great for small spaces and just think...you are re-using the trees that have been used to make the paper in the books to make a new tree :)

I also discovered the BEST shower cleaner EVER...
Heat up white vinegar and add Dawn blue dish liquid...WOW. I'm never buying anything else to clean the tub and showers...this worked AMAZINGLY well.

Keep your burned out night light bulbs or Christmas bulbs and add some glitter for beautiful Holiday bowl fillers....

I also thought this idea was very clever...
...adding photos to gifts in leau of gift tags.  I used plain brown kraft paper and bakers twine last year with rustic gift tags...I do think the photos dress up the packages a bit...don't you?

My local Goodwill has scads of canning jars for very cheap so I think I may try this idea at Christmas...
...very rustic and simple.


There are some very clever people out there who are so inspiring...do you Pinterest?
This is me...if you'd like to share ideas and pins....http://pinterest.com/bittersweetpnkn/

Only 24 more days until I go on vacation!!

6 comments:

Vee said...

24 days and you'll be in New England? Way cool!

I like all these ideas. I'll try the tip with heated vinegar and Dawn. I've found that vinegar really helps with many household cleaning chores, including mold and mildew.

The best tip for frying donuts is to use an electric fry pan (or a Fry Daddy) because the temp can be set exactly where it needs to be and it remains consistent or so I've found. It's donut making weather here with the crisp dry July mornings. I may have to break down!

Suzanne said...

I want to try the vinegar and Dawn mixture. How much of each?

BittersweetPunkin said...

Hi Suzanne! It's equal parts of vinegar and Dawn. I did 1 cup of each and it was more than enough!

BittersweetPunkin said...

Vee...I'm afraid if I get a fry daddy I'll be frying up all kinds of things :)

Suzanne said...

Thanks.... I'm going to try that.

BTW, there's a deep fryer that closes and locks whilst the items are frying. It's safer and cleaner and works really well.

Priscilla said...

I love pinterest! great photos love the tree idea x