Still here

                  (photo courtesy of LilPunkinHead)

Oh my...I have been neglecting my little blog and it's become a festering breeding ground for all kinds of spam!  I'm still here.....I have a lot to catch up on...LIFE has been happening all around me and I have just been so wrapped up in things that I haven't had the urge to sit down and blog.  My son is in his 11th year of school at home and I have to say...it's challenging.  Daughter starts a full time job soon (thank goodness) and Walter is growing like a weed.

    I must say, this Washington weather is really getting to me and I am no longer enjoying living in the Pacific Northwest.  The lack of sunshine can really zap your spirits and not only that, I am so sick of the muddy mess being tracked in by the dog.  Why people voluntarily live here is beyond me.  My heart will always be in New England and I can really see myself going back there someday.  I did enjoy living in Colorado...the mountains were beautiful but it's landlocked...and I like living near the ocean.  Washington is a bit like New England in that aspect and it's much more lush than Colorado but just too darn wet !

    I have recently gone off white flour, sugar and almost all carbs and as a result, have lost 15 pounds.  Some of you may recall I did this a few years ago and lost quite a bit of weight (25 lbs) but I also got gall stones from the rapid weight loss and had to have my gall bladder out...lol.    I am more motivated now as I am eager to make some lasting life changes...diet and exercise being one of them, and really evaluating my life.  I've had quite a bit of unhappiness and I know it's not how the Lord wants me to live my life.  I've spent a lot of time trying to figure out my role and my life's purpose and I still, still don't have it sorted out yet.

  All is well and I am truly Blessed...I have my health and that of my family.  I am realizing that I need to put myself first because I have been last for so long and that nobody can make me happy except myself and the choices I make......disrespect and bad feelings no longer have a place in my life and I have a great new outlook.

    I am on Pinterest and Facebook occasionally so if any of my wonderful friends would like to link up...let me know :)  I promise too much time won't go by before I post again.

(...and I very much dislike the changes Blogger has made...anyone else? )

Have a Blessed Week!
~Robin

4 comments:

Vee said...

Yes, I do remember that weight loss plan and its success. All the best this time, too. One good thing, you can't have your gall bladder removed again.

The changes are a challenge. Change always is.

Lately, New England is like Washington...wet, rainy, gloomy, chilly, yucky, nasty. Weather is a bit weird this year, but what else is new?

Hope that you aren't gone for so long next time...

Shelley said...

So good to hear from you Robin...Well,we get a lot of sunshine in Texas,but the summers here are so hot you really can't enjoy the outdoors for having to stay inside where he is at at least a little cooler :) Did you knit that sweet bunny? It is very cute. Hope to see more post from you....every once in a while will be fine :) I do know how life gets busy....blessings

Liane said...

Amen, sister! I long for the day when you come back to our coast permanently!!

Kimmie said...

Nice to see you again.

I am not pleased with the changes with blogger. I wish they'd go back to a simple format, with no need to have those silly robot sign in thingies.

I too have cut way back on carbs. My sugars were going crazy. i don't think i have lost any real weight, but I feel tons better. I still have a way to go before I am totally even, but really the thought that maybe dairy and coffee might have to go scare me. (I LOVE coffee) and cheese, well might need to give it up for a wee bit to see if it is part of the trouble.

Happy mother's day Robin.

Kimmie
mama to 8
one homemade and 7 adopted