Thank you

...for your support...I am better with the scholarship situation...not happy with it, but better with it. We had to go through a few stages to get this point, and even though it's something we are still working through....we don't want to take away from the fact that this is a major accomplishment for our daughter. While we are saddened that she will not recieve the funding for college, we are very proud of her for being chosen as one of the "best and brightest" in WA state.

  Onward and upward.
 
Our girl is now legally an adult, it  happened recently...she can now vote and got her curfew extended.  Where has the time gone...it is passing by me so fast and I am trying to hold onto what I can, savoring every moment.  I have done so much reflecting lately and so happy for God's blessings.

Aren't these the most darling Graduation pops you've ever seen?  They are made with Reese's pb cups, squares of chocolate and licorice strips...I am entertaining the thought of making them for graduation.  We are not having any family fly in for the graduation but we'll probably have a small get together at the house for friends.  Nothing is planned as of yet.  This momma still needs to go buy something to wear to the ceremony...I've recently lost 10 lbs and am feeling pretty good.  For those of you who wonder...I did replace my half and half with evaporated skim milk....I have gotten used to it and actually enjoy it.  I did have some Hawaiian pizza and Birthday cake recently but that was one special day...as long as I am alive I will eat cake on my childrens birthdays.


I promised Shelley that I would list the details of my diet so here are the general rules:
NO white bread, rolls, danish, etc
NO rice, pasta, potatos
NO cookies, chips, granola bars, candy, crackers etc
NO peas, corn, beans (except for green or waxed)
NO butter,spread, margarine, oils etc
NO fruit juice, soda, milk (skim is okay in moderation and sugar free soda is okay)
NO pork products, salami, pepperoni, ham

Yes:
100% Whole wheat or protein bread (nothing enriched or bleached)
No more than 2 eggs per week, prepared without butter or oil
Lean meats such as chicken, fish, steak, lamb, buffalo....(even ground beef is allowed)...nothing fried though
Salads dressed with vinegar only...no oils
Hard cheeses are lower in fat than soft ones...one serving per week...(I make a salad with cheese slices)
Broccoli, brussel sprouts, spinach, zuccini, peppers, tomatoes...(I use raw spinach in place of lettuce for more nutrition)
Low carb fruit is encouraged, canned is okay only if packed in juice not syrup.
Tuna fish packed in water, not oil and NOT mixed with mayo
Grapefruit is ideal to have each day *make sure it does not interfere with prescription drugs* 1/2 for breakfast and the other 1/2 to enjoy after lunch or dinner
Drink lots of water (I occasionally add Crystal Lite)

Breakfast for me everyday is one slice of dry wheat toast sprinkled with cinnamon and a serving of fruit with coffee. The main goal is to have a protein and veggie for lunch and dinner. .  The one day a week that you can have eggs, that will be your protein...with veggies.  You can also decide any day to have 1/2 cup of cottage cheese and fruit...instead of meat and a veggie...(this also helps stabilize your blood sugar).
You are allowed to have 2 slices of wheat bread per day...you can split that up any way you like.  If you want to make a sandwich...skip the mayo and use yellow mustard.

Eliminate the "filler" items like rice, pasta, stuffing, fries, rolls etc that you would normally put on your plate. They really aren't necessary and after a while you won't miss them.

I do not snack between meals anymore, if I find myself hungry I can munch on celery/carrots or I usually have some water. Once my dinner is eaten I am DONE for the day.  There is no portion control with the exception of what I've noted, just eat until you are satisfied.  Get creative with your ingredients and your menu won't get dull.  Trust me, I look tempation in the face more than once each day, but I'm on a mission to succeed. :) 

Blessings to all for a great week!

4 comments:

Vee said...

All the best with that very stringent diet! The graphic of the exercise equipment is quite something! ☺ Hooray for the weight loss!

I love those graduation pops. I have a little graduate from pre-school...where do they think these things up?...and those would be so cute.

Denise said...

Congrats on the weight loss and CONGRATS on that girl! You have got to be the proud mama....

I am on a weight loss quest this year and failing every step of the way..... BUT today is a new day and we begin again....... I am on all veggies and fruit.... and just two eggs a week also......

Enjoy your celebration.. and yes savor every day..... time is passing so fast!!!

ohiofarmgirl said...

I say good for you but it is so strict that I would not be able to do it. I have been doing weight watchers and it is simple and it works. I am down 27 lbs...just a few more to go to reach my goal! Hope you are about to reach yours too. Dianntha

Trish said...

Wow...lots to post about and to be proud about too! All the best to the grad! Tis the season for grad posts and as I skip about here and there in blogdom I am reminded of my own son's grad two years ago...proud times for us moms.
The Diet seems promising...sounds solid and healthy rather like a lifestyle pattern than a diet...a good one to be on then! Best of luck