What's going on?

I didn't realize it had been 2 weeks since I last blogged...WOW!
~ We had Spring Break last week which was nice.....daughter went to Disney in CA with her Jazz choir...they performed there and then had 3 days to play with Mickey and Minnie.
~ Son got his learner's permit so he's been driving his parents around...even to run mundane chores
~ Busy with high school graduation plans, college readiness etc...
~ I still need to get my taxes in the mail...(although they are DONE)
~ Doctors, Dentist visits and all that fun stuff
~ Registering courses with the state for next years school at home
~I am trying to get a handle on the overwhelming amount of stuff that seems to multiply in my home

There are some days I just want to throw my hands up and run from the house screaming but then I realize I won't have anywhere to go...lol.  Recently I have found that I am very overwhelmed and I just can't please everyone all the time...and that's okay.  I've come to grips with the fact that God has placed me in this role and as long as I keep Him in sight I can be whatever I want to be, regardless of what others think of me.  This is just a season that I need to get through.

It's still damp and chilly here in the Pacific Northwest....we are still experiencing almost daily rain, we had ONE nice day last week where we ran outside and cleaned & vacuumed both cars and mowed the lawn to get ready for Spring.  The house is still chilly and the heat still kicks on at 64 degrees....I am SO READY for warm weather.

Blessings to all for a great day!

6 comments:

Becky K. said...

This time of the year can get so crazy. Chelsea is working hard to finish up all of her work.

I have taxes to do for Mikey and then our taxes are complete for the year. Sigh...It seems every year a new family member needs to have their Mom do taxes. lol

Gotta run!

Vee said...

Hi! It's nice to find you here. I thought you'd run away from home. I wasn't sure if you were screaming or not. Life is always busy and you have a busier than usual life lately. Your weather sounds revolting. Hope that it turns around soon. Our furnace is still coming on often. (I had hoped to fill it and be done with having to buy oil anytime soon. Not so sure about that now.) Take care, take time to Be. If you can't play with us right now, we understand. Just come back when you can.

Shelley said...

I have a senior graduating this year too....his godmother is a huge help and quite a blessing to us though....I am so thankful for her...it is a busy time for mothers of teens....you think babies are a handful but teens can be quite the handful too :)
Maybe things will slow down and and relax for you soon....blessings

Carol A.Bender said...

Glad you found the time to give us an update but then I was unglad because reading about all that you have going on made me a bit tired. Ok, I'll stop blaming and just be thankful that you posted. Glad you have so many happy, fun family things going on, and that you have the right attitude about enjoying it all.

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

It's cold here today too :(
I'm also feeling overwhelemed with all the "Stuff" in my house...
Just take one day at a time..
Warmly,
deb

Tins and Treasures said...

Good evening, Robin,
Yes, it is an overwhelming time of year. We have two graduating in May...so I can relate!

And the stuff in our house...that's another blog post!!

Have a wonderful weekend. ~Natalie