Survivors....

Yes, that's a real pumpkin from last Fall...it rests comfortably on this antique kitchen scale on my counter.
They are both survivors...the scale is well over 100 years old and the pumpkin is going on 7 months. I am amazed that this little pumpkin is still holding strong...not a soft spot to be found.
I originally had three of these pumpkins but when I was taking down my Fall decor to decorate for Christmas I tossed the other two.  I really liked how this pumpkin looked on the old red scale so I decided to leave it for just a little while longer, I check it every week for signs of decline but so far there are none.

It just goes to show you that with a good support system you can survive just about anything.

Blessings to all!

8 comments:

Donna said...

Those go good together too!

Vee said...

Looks great there! I have heard of pumpkins drying and doing well for up to five years. I found that hard to believe.

Nice to see you, Robin. Hope that all is going very well in your corner...

Brenda Eason said...

That is to funny...It may just stay forever. It is so pretty on your scale.

ohiofarmgirl said...

Looks like you need the seeds from that one so that you can have a garden of survivors! Love the scale too. dianntha

Linda said...

Love the scale and your little pumpkin is neat. I wonder how long it will keep going...hugs, Linda

Shelley said...

A wonderful post with a great message of hope...blessings on your week dear Robin.

Liane said...

I love the scale - you always find such cool things...!

Carol Bender said...

I love that scale - and your survivor too.