A Tragic Loss

I was so saddened to hear that one of my online friends, Cindy, lost her 11 year old son Kevin, her home and most of her pets in an early morning fire. Cindy is a long time Etsy and Artfire merchant and was well known in the Etsy and Artfire communities for her kindness, knowledge and sense of humor. My heart breaks for her as I cannot imagine what she and her family are going through right now.

The Etsy community and others have generously donated items to be sold online and all of the proceeds will go to Cindy and her family to help with funeral expenses, temporary shelter and other needs they may have during this difficult time.  The shop is called Helping Hearts and I have a button right here in my sidebar at the top that will take you to the shop or you can click on the link.  The outpouring of love from the Etsy community has been overwelming and they are trying to post new items to the shop as fast as they come in.
There are items ranging from a few dollars on up...something for everyone and again, the family gets 100% of the proceeds and shipping on all items is FREE. There are many items listed so make sure you click on ALL in the left hand side bar of the shop to see everything.

If you are unable to make a purchase, I ask that you pray for Cindy and her family during this most difficult time.

You can read the news story of the fire HERE.


Thank you and God Bless you all.

16 comments:

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

What a horrible thing...Will pray for her..
Warmly,
deb

Tins and Treasures said...

Good afternoon, Robin,
This is tragic news, it sounds like a terrible story. I am going to head over to see how I might donate something to the benefit.

Thank your for sending the news on. Take care ~Natalie

Becky K. said...

Only in our worst nightmares can we imagine something like this.
Prayers for this family.

By the way the link to the news story isn't working for me....
the Helping Hearts Shop looks amazing already.

BittersweetPunkin said...

Thanks for telling me Becky....I fixed the link.

kerrie of sea cottage said...

I cannot imagine the pain of this loss. This is tragic. This is the second family in Blogland that I've heard of in two months of losing their homes to fire, but the other family did not lose any family members. I will keep them in prayer.

kerrie of sea cottage said...

I just purchased a vintage blue ball canning jar. My hubby lost his job this year, so I could only do a little, but every little bit goes a long way. ox

Terri said...

I made a purchase. I am so sorry for this family.

Mel said...

Such a tragic event, brought tears and goosebumps. Just the thought of it, breaks your heart ;(

We will keep them in prayer.

Blessings,
Mel

Becky K. said...

Robin,
Thanks for fixing the link. The story is just heart breaking.
Makes me wish I was on Etsy so I could donate candles for sale.

Shelley said...

Such a horrible thing to have happened...bless their hearts...I pray God give the family much peace and comfort during this terrible time of tragedy....I will go look through the shop and see if there is anything I can afford to help out.....thanks for sharing this Robin...hope all is well with your family...blessings,Shelley

Janiece said...

My mind cannot even comprhend what this has done to her.
She will be in my prays.
What amazing people the Blogworld has in it.

Denise said...

I am so sorry to hear this.. What pain..... I just cannot imagine.. I do not have any thing on Etsy to sell but I will pray and maybe get one of my dolls up there real quick to help..or maybe someone will start a donate button for cash or something.. I will watch....

My prayers to her and her family.

Vee said...

Oh how one hates to read such things. May the Lord be very near to her and her family in this terrible time.

Christina P said...

I just wanted to stop by and say thank you so much for spreading the word about Helping Hearts!

-Christina

Priscilla said...

I am so sorry to hear the sad news.. The family are in my thoughts xx

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

My heart is breaking for this family..... Prayers going up.

Blessings,
Spencer