A Great Find.....

You Gals all know how much I love to thrift...I haven't had much opportunity lately but a few weeks ago I got lucky while at my local Goodwill.  While cruising the aisles, I came across a Bakers Edge Pan...not sure if you are familiar with them..I wasn't until I saw Oprah's Favorite Things episode this past Christmas and she had this item featured....
  The pans are for people who like the crusty edges on their brownies..like my husband, who carves away the entire perimeter around the brownie pan so he can have the edges. The brownie pan retails for about $35 and the lasagna pan retails for $50 which is way more than I would spend on a baking pan....it's just not worth it to me. So imagine my surprise when I found this little gem at Goodwill for $3.00.
I snapped it up, I figured what the heck.....I only have one 9x13 baking pan anyway so even at $3 it's worth a shot.  There were only a few light surface scratches on it so I popped it in the dishwasher and cleaned it up real good and then made a batch of brownies.....
....you just have to evenly spread the brownie mix throughout the pan and then just pop it in the oven....

..the brownies were a big hit...a few hours later there was only this much left.  So, my investment of $3.00 was worth it.  I am way too frugal to spend $35 on this item brand new but it really is a neat item and may be worth the investment for others.

~I also want to say a big Thank You to all of you who have kept my Etsy friend Cindy in your thoughts and prayers, and Thank You to all who have visited the Helping Hearts shop to make a purchase...and to those of you who donated goods as well.  As of last week, there was about $3500.00 raised from the Helping Hearts shops to help Cindy and her family.  I am so proud to be among such wonderful compassionate Bloggers. :)

I hope you have a Blessed Day!

10 comments:

Becky K. said...

The pan is interesting.
I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for one in real life. If I could find one for $3 it would definitely have to come and live at our house too!
Great find!

How wonderful to have raised that much for Cindy and her family. The blogging community is very special.

Have a great day.

Tins and Treasures said...

Good Morning, Robin.
Yes, I saw this on Oprah, too. I'm surprised that so many folks like the edges. When I was a little girl, I remember my mom trimming a pan of bars. The edges were considered scrap pieces...and crusty looking. The 'nice and moist' inside pieces were taken to the ladies group and served on a pretty platter...the scraps left behind for us! lol

Happy Monday ~Natalie

Shelley said...

Haven't seen that before...great find at $3.00...looks like your Brownies were a hit :)
I'm having a little give away if you are interested go visit my Raggedy Ann blog.....sending up a prayer for your friend Cindy....blessings on your week...

Mel said...

Hi Robin,
Nice brownie pan, I love thrifting also, found a spring form pan a little while back, for a couple of dollars. I needed it my old pan was peeling (teflon) and I didn't use it in fear someone would get sick.
Isn't it great to shave the high prices at the store and find the real deals...
Great job witht he findraiser for your friend Cindy. I agree, there are so many caring and generous folks here in blog land.

Blessings,
Mel

Donna said...

What a great score!

ohiofarmgirl said...

They make me hungry!!! Dianntha

Priscilla said...

What a great find! I have never seen a pan like that before! ;)

Caramella said...

Those brownies look delicious! I really enjoy your blog, I will follow from Italy! :)

Tins and Treasures said...

Good Morning, Robin,
I'm glad to know you are OK, despite the weekend's warnings for the West Coast. Good luck with exams and we'll see you again soon.

Have a marvelous Monday ~Natalie

Dmitriy Yarynych said...

I love goodwill! Just yesterday on my afternoon walk with Tanya we stopped by and i found a tripple set of cookie cutters for like $0.69!! :) its a treasure hunt everytime! :)