When it rains it pours....

Well...I had a bit of a toothache last week and took myself to the dentist....I have an old filling thats gone bad, and an infection soooooooo now it's gonna be a root canal and crown...oh goodie. I just love getting root canals...ugh.  I have a old crown that needs to come out and a filling on a root canal that should be a crown so looks like they'll be seeing a lot of me over there at the dentist's office.  I realized that it can never just be ONE simple thing...no, that would be too easy.

I'm on an antibiotic and quite frankly, if the infection isn't gone by the time I have to have the root canal done then I am postponing it.....when you have an infection you are unable to get numb and you feel EVERYTHING.....I've already lived through this once and it's not an experience I want to repeat.  I would rather give birth quite frankly....at least you get a surprise at the end.  I remember when we were kids we had a dentist who used to magically remove animal shaped erasers from our mouths.....you don't get that at my age.

Blessings to all for a great week!

9 comments:

Liane said...

Aw - that stinks, sis! It must be the month for dentistry...Geoff and I both need to have some work done this month, too.
Praying that the infection is cleared up and there will be no complications and that you will be pain-free!
Love you,
Lee

Becky K. said...

I'm sorry.
These things are definitely no fun.
You would be doing the right thing to postpone if there is still a lot of infection.

suzeeez said...

Oh poooooor you. I know what you mean because one summer I was the " Root Canal Queen" ! There's nothing worse than a bad toothache or abscess. Best wishes to you, you'll be gtood as new in no time.
:o) Sue

Vee said...

Awww, Robin. I hear you. Must make myself an appointment and I'm fearing that I'll hear similar news. I'm glad that you know how to best take care of yourself even if it was hard won knowledge.

Priscilla said...

Ugh I feel for you!! I had a cap a few month ago, he didnt do it right iam sure, it hurt from the day it was done.I also got an infection and it never stopped hurting.I dont want to go back to the same dentist!The pain has now developed to agony and I have no clue what to do, I also dont want to lose the tooth oh how I hate dentists!! lol

Hope all your treatment goes well xx

Shelley said...

Sorry for your trouble Robin...I so know the pain of a toothache ...unfortunately I am without dental insurance so doctoring myself...hope you can get yours taken care of and all is well...blessings on your week ....Shelley

Donna said...

I had to laugh at the mention of erasers and also the cute graphics you put in this post. I can sympathize with dental work! It's not fun and it drains the checking account quickly! I will pray for your speedy return back to boring normalcy.

Kathi said...

Oh I am sorry Robin. I hate that. I'm afraid my teeth are acting up a bit too. I don't want to go to the dentist $$ I hate going $$. God bless you and protect you.

Thank you for your sweet comments recently. Hugs, Kathi

ohiofarmgirl said...

wow..take care of yourself...Ididn't know that about the infection effecting the numbness. Dianntha