Sweet Treats, a Rip and a Rainbow

I ended up baking 4 Lemon Pound Cakes and 2 Banana Nut Breads during my baking spree in preparation for the Jazz fundraiser.  The sliced Lemon Cake in the back was for us... (oh so yummy, my favorite).
Another of the Lemon Cakes I gave to my daughter's boyfriend to take home for his family so that left the rest for the bakesale.  It was a silent auction and went VERY well...the kids who performed in the Jazz Chior and Jazz Band put on a fantastic performance and it was a wonderful night out.

Just prior to leaving for the fundraiser, I was ironing the dress my daughter was to wear for her performance when the most horrific thing happened..............
                                   
..I had the setting too high on the iron and it grabbed hold of the fabric and ripped a HUGE hole in it! It was right in the very front of her dress...I was so mortified!  Mind you, this was about an hour and a half before she had to be at the school...the Jazz choir has a dress code of black dresses for girls and black suits with pink shirts for the guys.....and this was the only suitable black dress she had.  We jumped in the car and drove to the next town over (we live in a very small town) to the nearest big department store.  With about 30 minutes to spare, Daughter found the most perfect dress for her performance.  Whew!! It was a costly mistake on my part but we loved the second dress even better than the original one. I thanked God for letting us find one right there waiting for us. I think He was just telling me to SLOW DOWN.

As I was walking down my hallway to the front door, I looked up through the window over the door and saw this.....
..so my Son and I grabbed our cameras and headed out on the front porch for a better look.
It was a double rainbow...not sure if you can see both of them in the photos but they were lovely.
I hope God blesses you all with a rainbow or two and take my advice and slow down, take a deep breath every now and then! Blessings to all!

11 comments:

Liane said...

#1: Those pound cakes looks SO delicious!...my mouth is watering for one right now at 5:54am..
#2: Thank goodness you were able to find a dress for her in time and that you learned a positive lesson from the potential tragedy...
#3: How beautiful to have seen the double rainbow and have been able to appreciate it with Rush...

You're right - sometimes we all need to just slow down and breathe deeply...

Love you!!

ohiofarmgirl said...

Oh my..I would have been so mad at myself...but I am happy that things worked out.
I can almost smell those wonderful bakery treats!!!! I am working on losing those last pounds so I am glad I am far enough away that I can't be tempted...but Oh I want too!!! Dianntha

Jane said...

My goodness, this sure is a beautiful blog. Really something! I just came here from the blog called Priscilla's Cottage, and I can see why she linked here. Just charming in every way!

Kim's Treasures said...

BEAUTIFUL rainbows! God is good!

Your lemon pound cake looks soooo good! I love the lemon! Yum!

So glad you found a dress for your daughter! Sounds like something that would happen to me!

Linda said...

I think Angels were watching over you....finding the perfect dress and being blesssed with a beautiful rainbow...have a wonderful weekend. hugs, Linda

p.s. What yummy goodies for the sale:).

Diane Fay (littlealma) said...

Wow, is it too late to bid on the cakes??? And the rainbow, isn't that neat how God reminds us he is watching over us? (now see, if you iron, like I iron - putting the dress in the dryer along with a wet washcloth - it might have worked.) And had you tried to just iron a patch on underneath, those things work wonders sometime! But very glad she was able to find a dress in time!

LOVE the rainbow pictures btw!

Hugs from Michigan - Diane

Priscilla said...

Wow what great photos of the Rainbows!! I have a freind who always manages to cath them on camera, I dont think I have ever had a camerea at hand when I have seen one! ;)

Vee said...

The cakes look so yummy. I could really go for some pound cake and a pot of tea about now. How awful about the dress! I've had similar things happen and it is so stressful. Glad that you learned your lesson to slow down a bit and enjoy the rainbows. I haven't seen a rainbow in forever.

Denise said...

A promise....... Scattered across our sky..... HE is there and HE is watching....... we can slow down and breath a sigh of relief...... so glad you got that perfect dress!

Kelley - a very JunqueyGal! said...

I love lemon pound cake. The dress fiasco - I could just imagine that worst case scenario!

Double rainbow = priceless!

Lynn said...

Robin, I felt my hands getting sweaty as I read about the dress and how little time you had left!!! LOL. I am so glad it worked out! And that's a beautiful rainbow!