Just a sprinkling.....

I've been consistent in my effort to bring a little Christmas into my house without having to display all the Christmas decorations that I own.  I just sprinkled a bit of the Season into my existing vignettes to dress them up a bit....I added a bow here and there and some shiny ball ornaments...
 I love my little bottle brush tree collection, I usually add a new one to my collection each year but so far I haven't bothered to purchase one. I created a little grouping with this ceramic Christmas tree music box that belongs to my son. All of my birds nests are now sporting shiny new 'eggs'...some of them even have jingle bells.
This is the view of my fireplace when you're sitting on our couch...I don't have the stockings hung yet. That bright light on top of the mantle is the light in the manger.  It goes off every night except for Christmas Eve...when we leave it on.  Also, can you see our sweet kitty laying under the tree?

Well, while I was out shopping today someone came to the house and notified my son that the passenger in the car that ran the red light and hit us last year on Black Friday is going to try to sue us for imaginary damages....in the form of medical treatment past, present and future, lost wages past and present and future and attorneys fees. Unbelievable...that's all I can say. I've called our insurance company to notify them and I have to wait until Monday to find out what's next. There's never a dull moment around here.

I hope you all have an absolutely Blessed Weekend!!

17 comments:

ArtzeeChris said...

Your home looks so happy and festive for the Christmas season. I love your sprinkling approach.

Becky K. said...

Your decorations are great. I love those small collections that grow year by year...like your trees.

I cannot believe that people can be so ignorant as to sue victims in accidents. I hope that it is dismissed quickly!!!

Shelley said...

Your home is beautiful..love all your sweet decorative touches...the tree is a real one...isn't it? It sure looks it anyway :)
Blessings,Shelley

Kim's Treasures said...

Love your decorations! I kept it simple too.

I hope all works out well with your insurance and the crazy passenger!

FourSistersInACottage said...

LOVE IT!!!!
Stop by my blog post to enter to win ONE OF MY HANDMADE BOTTLE BRUSH TREES!!!!
Love and Hugs to you!!!
Amy (Mom to the Four Sisters)

Priscilla said...

I love your natural christmas decorations,the birds nests are just perfect! I am so sorry to hear you are still having trouble regarding this car and the owners! Hope all works out for you xx

Donna said...

I love all those beautiful touches! The jingle bells in the birds nest made me giggle.

I am so sorry that the car accident continues to hang over your head. I will be praying for you!

ohiofarmgirl said...

sorry to hear that there is another problem....but your home is looking nice and cheerful. There are years I don't display everything and really this year I didn't do as much...I am thinking about downsizing since my kids are about gone!!1 Dianntha

Vee said...

Beautiful home...

This is where I get into trouble...when life keeps right on happening when I already have three things on my plate or when it is Christmas as if Christmas itself could squelch all negativity in the world. Anyway, I know that God has a plan and is on the case. Hang in there!

Jo said...

I love your Christmas Sprinkling..... JD asked me if I wanted to put our tree up this year and of course my answer was yes. I always want the tree up. It is soothing to me to be able to curl up in a quilt in the evenings and watch the lights dance on it.

I am sitting here shaking my head about the passenger in the car that ran the red light is planning on suing you. I read that three or four times thinking that I was reading it wrong...... but that is what it says, isn't it. Unreal!

ATTIC CLUTTER said...

Beautiful Robin Love it all and the tree is amazing..oxo patty

Look beyond the picket fence said...

I love all your decorations. There is no need to over decorate. There will be less to take down later. I hope you find the perfect bottle brush to add to your collection.
denise

Alison Gibbs said...

Oh I love how you have decorated by adding a touch of christmas here and there.
OMGoodness I hope that the accident issues don't cause you any more grief.
Take care
Alison

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi Robin,
Merry Christmas! Your home looks great for Christmas. I see Sadie does love red velvet cupcakes..and it looks very yummy.
Warmly,
deb :)

Debbie Kay said...

I did the same this year, I just put a little here and there. Its amazing as the years go by and the kids get older you just want to do a little of all that glitz that I did in years past. Thank you for sharing.

Debbie Kay

Dena said...

I love your pretty decorations and the tree is lovely! I'm sorry to hear about the added stress of the accident issue :( I'll be praying.

Hugs,
Dena

Life on the Edge said...

Your home looks gorgeous for Christmas!

I just love that your pretty Sadie gets her own birthday cupcake!

Unbelievable that someone riding in the car that hit YOU is now suing! I can't imagine how they can find you at fault in any way. This is ridiculous. I hope that as of this time, that silly, baseless suit has been dropped!

Kady
Life on the Edge