Christmas Cooking

Just like you, I'm feathering my nest for Christmas...I am just now finishing up the last of the laundry...not to resume until after Christmas, next I will be baking.  I am making my son's favorite cookies...peanut butter kiss cookies....I make them for his Birthday, at Thanksgiving and Christmas.
One of our all time favorites is a cookie I started making a few years ago after I came upon the recipe from my friend Lynn at The Vintage Nest...I had always loved Italian Wedding Cookies but never took the time to make them until Lynn posted the recipe on her blog....my Hubby eagerly looks forward to these yummies...
    This is Lynn's photo of the cookies she made...and you can find her recipe HERE...she was kind enough to share.  Thank you so much Lynn!

Lastly, I'm going to make another new favorite....Buckeyes!  I started making these sinfully delicious things after my friend Dianntha from Ohio Farm Girl posted her recipe on her blog a few years back....
You can find Dianntha's Buckeye recipe HERE.  I've been making these in place of my traditional fudge and they are a huge hit!  Thank you Dianntha!

We will be a few of the crazies running around on Christmas Eve Day to tie up a few loose ends....we are having our neighbors from across the street over to watch It's a Wonderful Life so I'm going to lay out a small buffet and then sit back and wait for Santa.

I hope you all are enjoying your week and don't forget to take the time to breathe!!

9 comments:

Vintage Clutter said...

I just a made a batch of peanut butter blossoms myself, they seem to be my son's favorite too! enjoy & Merry Christmas.

Robin

Priscilla said...

Love the photo of the little girl baking! Those kisses cookies look lovely. I really wish we had them in in the uk. I have also been baking, last night I couldnt sleep so made shortbread snowmen! lol my family are enjoying them today..

My mum will be baking ground rice tarts soon as that is her tradition. I hope you and your family have a greta Christmas and thank you for sharing the recipes...
Priscilla x

Vee said...

It's fun to think of you out there working on the same sorts of projects that I'm working on here. No buckeyes, but elephant something or others, which must be similar. Yours are prettier. I just picked up that movie when I found it on sale seven dollars cheaper than the last time I found it. I think we'll watch on Christmas Eve, too.

Have the Merriest of Christmases!

ArtzeeChris said...

Wow you have been really busy this week. Everything looks so festive and yummy. I'm at a disadvantage as I've caught some yucky sinus thing and I'm pretty much in the bed right now. I've got presents basically done so everything is on hold right now. It's going to be one of those years so I've decided to roll with it instead of fight it. Life will go on and everybody with be just fine. Just frustrating for me.

Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Chris (AKA Artzee Chris)
Artzee Chris' Blog

Donna said...

Oh, thank you for these recipes! I wish I was your neighbor, LOL.

Merry Christmas, sweetie!

Denise said...

Guess I will just have to try these sometime..... They look wonderful..

Just wanted to stop by and wish you a Merry Christmas.... I did not send out cards this year....... my heart is a million miles away this Christmas

Have yourself a Merry little Christmas.......

Mom2fur said...

My mom, living in Ohio, makes Buckeyes all the time. Chocolate and peanut butter--what is better?

I'm mostly done with any cooking or baking. Just putting some appetizers together today for our Christmas Eve party tonight.

I hope you and your family have a Happy, Merry, Wonderful Christmas!

Shelley said...

Christmas blessings to you and yours dear Robin...those goodies look yummy!

Tins and Treasures said...

Good Morning,
You were certainly busy making little cookies. The Russian Tea Cakes/Italian Wedding Cakes/little white cookies (I've heard so many names for those) are my favorites too.

I hope you are enjoying the holiday break with your family. Have a creative day ~Natalie