Hi Ladies! We got about 3 inches of snow here yesterday...the local school districts called today a snow day...we are pretty excited because last Winter we got NO snow at all.  I'm sure all of you are doing your Thanksgiving prep work and so am I.   I am baking pies and cookies on Wednesday...and we are NOT going out shopping for Black Friday. (remember last year we got hit by a driver who ran a red light?)

Hopefully, we'll go out on the weekend and cut down our Christmas tree.  We have quite a few tree farms here to chose from....we went to a great place last year that had a gift shop and hot cider for all the patrons....loved it!  My Christmas shopping is in full swing and I am going to get my parcels mailed out early to the East Coast...that's where ALL of our extended family is.

I pray that you have a Happy Thanksgiving and you are surrounded by those that you love!

11 comments:

Vee said...

No! I didn't know that that had happened last year did I? My computer was down...must go back and check on old news. I can see why you're staying out of the fray this year.

Yes, we're busy with preps and happily so. As soon as it's my turn for the sink, I must give up visiting blogs.

Happy preps, Robin! It must make it more fun to have a bit of snow for atmosphere...

Vee said...

Oh! That's right! I can't go back that far...

ohiofarmgirl said...

You sound so jolly and organized. I am making a few things today because I work tomorrow but things are going well.
I agree about not shopping on Black Friday...just not worth it! Happy Thanksgiving to you too. Dianntha

Terri said...

I hope you have fun getting ready! I love it! Happy Thanksgiving!

Kathi said...

It's so fun to have snow days. Our kids are so excited. Good for you to get all your packages mailed early. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family. Kathi

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Happy
Thanksgiving
to
YOU!
Glad you have snow...while it's very pretty..it last too long here in MN!
Warmly,
deb :)

Donna said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family too! We won't be out and about the weekend afterwards. We'll be home decorating and staying out of the madhouse, LOL.

Tins and Treasures said...

A snow day?! You are so lucky...I could use a day at home to prepare for guests.

Best wishes for a wonderful Thanksgiving. ~Natalie

Linda said...

Wishing you and your family a Happy Thanksgiving Robin. hugs, Linda

Look beyond the picket fence said...

Snow! I guess it is that time of year. Happy Thanksgiving!
denise

Priscilla said...

Happy Thanksgiving!! You sound like you are having a lovely time baking and perparing for christmas.. I rememmber you saying about the car last year..xx
Priscilla x