Catching up....


Hi Ladies...I am still here !  Look at the November issue of Country Sampler magazine..it is chock full of Christmas ideas! LOVE this magazine...I have to go pick up my copy this weekend.

Nothing very exciting going on this end...I am still without my own computer...lol.  We have been pretty busy with school, my Son had a Birthday and purchased a new electric guitar, Daughter has been pretty busy with choir and the outings that it entails....and..we are dealing with a sick kitty-cat.  Flynn...our newest fur baby has taken ill and I am taking him to the vet  again later today.  I am feeling rather guilty over this as he was very healthy before I took him for his initial visit to get declawed due to him scratching my furniture and rugs and doing some damage to them.  It seemed as if he took a bit longer to heal and was limping long after they said he should...so I took him back to the vet for a follow up...where they said it was normal...maybe he was more sensitive.....and now, a few weeks later..he can barely walk and is experiencing some new symptoms of an illness that is affecting his ears and nose as well as all the rest of his paws.  I hate to say it, but I think he was exposed to something at the Vet's office or he has a blood infection.

Flynn was the sweetest most rambunctious kitty before...and he just hasn't been himself....so this is what I am dealing with now.

We have been so busy here we haven't even had the chance to put out our Halloweentown display that we set up every year, I am hoping to get that up by this weekend...once all the errand running is complete....a new guitar means multiple trips to the local music store for "supplies" and so on....can't wait until my kids can DRIVE themselves. :)

We bought some funky looking pumpkins...hopefully my Daughter will upload the photos to her computer so I can share them with you next post!
Blessings to all for a Great Day!

15 comments:

Vee said...

Don't beat yourself up about Flynn. I made that choice for all our cats and wouldn't have a cat otherwise. I can not tolerate the destruction of a home by a pet. Stuff happens as they say. I am saying a prayer that Flynn will heal up and be better than ever and I'd discuss what you're really thinking with your vet.

Run and get those apples! That's a bargain and then some. We paid 90 cents a pound for ours and I thought that was a bargain.

Terra said...

I sure hope Flynn heals and is back to his bouncy self soon and I am happy to see you here.

Kim's Treasures said...

Awwww...hope kitty feels better soon...it's not your fault...poor thing!

Liane said...

Oh, poor Flynn! Hope the vet can put him on some antibiotics....
Freedom! That's what comes when the kids get their licenses - soon enough, sister, soon enough.
And, ugh, I cannot even think of Christmas so soon.
Love you, too,
Lee

Terri said...

Flynn, get better! It was good to hear about you again! Can't wait to feast my eyes on some fall goodness!

Rachel said...

Sorry to hear about kitty. Good to hear from you though.

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Poor Kitty :(
It's hard to believe it's October with the weather here being so "warm"...I'm enjoying each wonderful day.
Deb :)

Joy said...

I am sorry to hear about your kitty and hope he gets better soon. We have a cat that still has his claws and he is very tempermental about getting them clipped. I wish we would have got him declawed when he was younger. He hasn't destroyed anything but I do catch him once in awhile scratching on something. I got him one of the nail file cat things that show on TV and he loves it.
Hope he gets better soon!

Donna said...

That is a lovely magazine! I don't even want to think about decorating for Christmas yet though! Sorry that your kitty is feeling poorly. You might want to switch vets!

Shelley said...

I love Country Sampler...I will have to look through that issue next time I am out. So sorry about your kitty. I hope he is better very soon...blessings on your weekend...

Dena said...

I love that magazine! Hope Flynn is feeling better soon.

Hugs,
Dena

Donna Lynn said...

Sorry about your kitty, my friend had her female cat declawed, she just got completely fed up, finally, when her brand new couch got shredded! She had huge complications and had to be declawed twice! But now all is well and her furniture and rugs thank her! :) I am sure he will be back to his happy self really soon!

I haven't gotten the latest CS mag, they gave me two years free when I had my home featured, so it must of run out, I love that mag for the Fall and Christmas issues, so many great decorating ideas!

Hope you'll be up and running again soon with a computer, I always love seeing your post pictures!

Hope your having a great weekend!
XO,
Donna Lynn

Look beyond the picket fence said...

I hope that Flynn is feeling better soon. I love that name by the way. I use to get that magazine all the time. I may have to look at this issue!
Have a great week!
denise

myletterstoemily said...

i'm very sorry about your sweet kitty. he
may get well even still.

i look forward to looking at the lovely
magazine. thank you!

Sunny simple life said...

I love Country Sampler and have all my issues going back years. I get them out once in a while and go thru them all over again. Hope kitty is better soon.