Just in time.....

This is pretty much what happened to my laptop yesterday. It's toast...fried....done.  The smoke was very impressive-at least the kids thought so. Just in time for the new school year...80% of all work is done online.
I am now begging and borrowing for computer time from my kids...they have been very kind to their Mom. :)
Son took my laptop into the garage and took it apart....I knew that the fan probably wasn't working in it because it would get hot pretty fast, but he said there was a layer of dust in there covering it...the damage is not fixable. It's been 2 years....maybe that's the average life...I dunno. Before now, I had never seen smoke come out of anything that wasn't plugged into the wall.

 I think I need to put an urgent message in to Santa for an early Christmas present.

Have a totally awesome day!

11 comments:

~~Deby said...

oh no....yes..I think it is time for a early Christmas present....this is tragic...gotta do something !!!

Vee said...

Sometimes Christmas comes just when you need it... I'm praying for you to have a new laptop soon. One really can't be without a computer anymore or, at least, it feels that way.

ATTIC CLUTTER said...

Hi Robin..
oh oh that must have been a little scary- I have never had smoke come out yet either (:)
HALLOWEEN (:) yes yes- fun fun ~
White pumpkins -I was gonna say I have seen orange pumpkins painted white- really good idea if white are either more spendy or hard to find(:)
The lace pumpkins weren't my idea but I might use it LOL
Hugs,Patty

myletterstoemily said...

yikes. guess we better all get
our laptops dusted. mine gets
very hot, too.

sorry about yours. :(

Shelley said...

Oh so sorry Robin...will you be able to replace it? My daughter is on her second one...love the new look of your blog....blessings

Mary Isabella and Kiley too! said...

Have a sweet week-end my friend...m..

Look beyond the picket fence said...

Wow, that must of been scary and very upsetting! I know I could not live without my laptop. I can take it anywhere. Which also leads to me being able to be on it for way too long. Get that list to Santa soon!
denise

Priscilla said...

Wow..yes put it on your christmas list! I would really miss my laptop too..

Donna said...

Oh dear! It should have lasted longer than 2 years! Hope you get another one soon!

Dena said...

Oh no! I would be absolutely hysterical if that happened!! Yes, you need an early prezzie.

Hugs,
Dena

ohiofarmgirl said...

Sorry about the computer but the way you tell it is too funny!!! Hope Santa hears your cry and comes before Halloween! Dianntha