I am hoping my pansies hold out...we've had about 2 weeks of rain and lower temperatures which rendered them to brown withering stalks in my flower bed.   I went out and dead-headed them and noticed some considerable moss growth in my flower bed...I resisted the urge to pull them up by the roots ....hopeful they'll bloom again and give me one last hurrah.

This is a busy week for me...lots of purging and organizing...cleaning up and paring down...a Birthday...some baking.....booster shots at the vet for daughter's kitten....lots of fun stuff.   School is going great although Daughter is finding herself completely overwhelmed at the brick and mortar...SIX hours of nightly homework is taking it's toll and is much too much.....there needs to be a change...it's so easy to take on more than we can handle at times...we all do it from time to time.   Changes will be made so there will be more breathing room...I insist on it....going to meet with the school counselor today...Senior year should be a joyous time...not filled with stress and tears......there's plenty of time for that later on in life.

I have taken a hiatus from my Etsy shop to be more involved with those who need a little extra attention....be it emotional support for one or a birthday celebration for another.....and to let my own newly prescribed blood pressure medication do it's job.

I hope you all have a great week and that your flowers are still blooming.

11 comments:

Edie Marie's Attic said...

HI Robin!

Things can get soooo busy & hectic. Somehow we have to have time to breathe!! I'll be praying that God gives you a way to balance things...
glad to see you back even if in spurts. I've been very lax myself this summer when it comes to blogging. I'm trying to do better...

Hugs, Sherry

Vee said...

You all sound busy as all get out and I agree that the schedule needs to adjust for your daughter. Six hours of homework a night is outrageous!

Both you and Liane are dealing with this bp thing? Well, I am so glad that you found out and are taking the steps to keeping it under control.

Those pansies will probably revive given a chance. Hope that the sun comes out and starts drying things out.

ohiofarmgirl said...

Don't you just love pansies?
It has been dreadfully hot again...today over 90...tiresome.
Ihave been walking each day working on my blood pressure too but sometimes I think it has to do with age more than anything...but I will Dianntha

Becky K. said...

Good for you for standing up for your daughter. I hope your days slow down just a bit.

Becky K.

Mel said...

Must be something in the fall air, I was bit by the sorting bug also. Got alot of clutter cleared out of drawers, etc.

Hope everything works out with you and your daughter, that's alot of homework...

Have a great day,
Mel

ATTIC CLUTTER said...

Hi Robin (:) Love the P for pansy..
Hope all is going well for ya ~
hugs,Patty

Life on the Edge said...

It sure has been a while since I've done a blog visit. We are teetering on the edge of summer weather here and about to fall into autumn. I am going to love the cooler temps.

So sorry to hear that your daughter is overwhelmed with her Senior year. It really should be fun, and not filled with so much homework. At least she does her homework! Am having trouble getting my son to do his. He might not be getting a driver's license after all for a while.

Kady
Life on the Edge

Susan said...

Oh Sweetie,

You know, things can get so crazy so fast, can't they? I'm happy to hear that you are doing what you need to do and taking some time off from this or that in order to have time for the more important ones in your life. Make sure you take time to breath, count to 10, and take care of yourself, too.

You're poor daughter. I can't imagine having that much homework every night. Maybe a C isn't such a bad thing. ;-) I think our schools can sometimes demand too much from these kids, no matter how close to adulthood they are. There sure is enough to worry about it without tossing in that much school work. There needs to be a middle ground somewhere. I hope you can both work it all out.

May your pansies bloom again and the moss dry up and blow away from your garden bed.

Hugs and blessings,
Susan
http://clucklebees.blogspot.com/

Cathy ~ Tadpoles and Teacups said...

Yay for pansies! And best wishes for your daughter. :)

Denise said...

Trying to get back to the blog myself.. Life is toooooooooo fast.. I need to find the slow motion button.

Suzanne said...

Did you know that pansies will bloom in the snow? Yes...I've seen it.